When it comes to moving to a new place, most people are more concerned about the probability of getting all their furniture out and safe while at the same ensuring that they leave their house in the perfect state than they are enthusiastic about getting to the new place. Regardless of whether you’re going to sell the house or rent it out, the one most important thing is that you’re able to maintain the integrity and value of your home. This is particularly hard when you have to ferry your furniture out but there are a number of tips that you can use to make sure that don’t leave dents in the house that you have a lot of memories in.
While large furniture may be quite expensive, they are also the ones that have the most potential of placing dents in your home. These include tables, chairs and the beds.
• The first and most important thing that you can do is hire a moving service. While this may cost you a bit, it does come with its fair share of benefits. The first is that the personnel that work for this company have the experience in moving large furniture and are able to maneuver their way around better. Secondly, the extra muscle will help to lift the furniture clear off the floor and avoid dragging which can cause damage to the floor.
• Make sure that you take extra time and caution when passing the furniture through the doorways. This ensures that you’re able to get the best possible chances of clearing it through that space without denting anything.
• Whenever the need arises, make sure that you don’t hold back on using a trolley or any specialized equipment that may be needed. Not only does this ensure that you conserve energy but you also reduce the risks of damaging your home. Moving services are most likely going to have most of this equipment.
• The best method that you can apply when it comes to moving out large furniture is dismantling them before you carry them out. However, this is only applicable to those that can be dismantled. It makes it easier and safer to move the furniture out of the house with a considerably lower risk of damage to the house.
• Before you start the moving, measure the largest object that you have and also the doorways. This is done to ensure that the furniture can actually fit in the doorway and hence reduces the chances of the house being damaged.
Prepare in advance.
Moving is a huge undertaking. As such you have to make sure that you prepare well in advance to make sure that everything is well thought out. While planning, here are some of the things that you should have in mind.
• The kitchen appliance are a primary headache. Not only are they quite large, they are also very slippery and heavy to carry. This can be the case because they are either dirty or wet. To avoid this, you have to make sure that you clean them well before the moving date so that they are completely dry.
• The small fragile items may not seem like a threat but once they are broken and then dragged on the floor in the moving process, they don’t seem so fragile any more. Pack them up in advance and include glasses and mirrors while doing this.
• Remove any debris from the traffic areas like rugs and any mats that you may have.
Protect your walls and floor.
The hardest part about this protecting the flooring and the walls. However, there are a number of things that you can do to make sure that you save yourself the headache of having to do the repairs after.
• Use self-adhesive plastic covering for the carpets that could be on the floor to protect them from the traffic and possible tear.
• To protect the hardwood floors from the dents and any possible scratches, you can use protective covers.
• For narrow hallways that are very susceptible to scratches and dents, make sure that you hand drop clothes or use bubble wrap. This makes sure that you protect the wall from potential scratches.
Making sure that you follow these simple steps can ensure that you’re able to get the best possible chance of saving yourself from the costly repairs while at the same time ensuring that you retain the integrity of your house as you move out.